How long it takes to learn to code?
This tutorial is part of the “How to Learn to Code” video series. Use the left menu to navigate to other video posts.
You can watch this video on YouTube using the following link:
How Long it Takes
It’s normal that before we start something, we want to understand how long it can take, and does it actually worth it to spend this time? That’s also one of the top questions my followers ask me. In this post + video, I want to share my experience on the topic and some practical advice on how to get started, how long it can take, and how to build a profile that potentially can help you find a job or project.
My top personal advises would look like this:
- Focus and spend a dedicated amount of time on coding.
- Practice, learn by doing.
- Build up your social profile
- GitHub – for source code and example projects.
- LinkedIn – for job search and professional profile.
- Personal website with posts and your portfolio.
- Read subject-oriented books.
- Follow interesting blogs and experienced developers.
- Follow projects in your interest area and check how others code.
This post is part of the “How to Learn to Code” video course series.